Measurement and made-to-measure: Tips and tricks
To make sure that your customers' shower enclosures are a perfect fit and that they will enjoy their HÜPPE shower for years to come, take a look at the following definitions and tips concerning measurements and made-to-measure solutions.
Tray installation dimensions (WEM)
The tray installation dimensions are taken from the installation of the shower enclosure on the shower tray, and is the dimension from the wall to the outer edge of the shower tray.
The dimension from the front edge of the shower tray to the outer edge of the wall profile is referred to as the recess. This dimension is dependent on the shower enclosure series, and can be taken from the installation instructions and the sketch drawing in the export price list.
Installation dimension, centre of glass (dimension M)
The installation dimension "centre of glass" is the dimension from the wall to the centre of the glass, or also the tray installation dimension minus the distance from the edge of the tray to the centre of the glass.
Measuring dimensions for an installation with shower tray
The enclosure doors and side panels are always installed with a recess to the tray edge. The ordered dimensions always correspond to the tray installation dimensions (WEM) for the shower tray. The dimensions can be taken from the sketch drawings in the export price list. If your shower enclosure is a made-to-measure design, please always state "000" (tray installation dimensions) when ordering.
Measuring dimensions for an installation without shower tray
With standard products, the given size always corresponds to the dimensions of the shower tray. The dimensions of the shower enclosures are less than the recess applicable for the series. The dimensions can be taken from the sketch drawings in the export price list. If you are installing a made-to-measure shower, please always specify the reference "001" (centre of glass dimensions) in your order. Your shower enclosure will then be manufactured according to your wishes, e.g. middle of joint.
Installation dimensions (e.g. flush with the floor)
Many HÜPPE shower enclosures are already designed as standard in the installation dimensions (M – middle of glass). The ordered dimensions here correspond to the tile size. Look out for the shower enclosures designated with "Installation dimensions (e.g. flush with the floor)". The dimensions can be taken from the sketch drawings in the export price list. If you are installing a made-to-measure shower enclosure, please always specify the reference "001" (centre of glass installation dimensions) in your order.
Measuring check list: What you should take into account
1. Does your customer have a tiled shower area?
2. Check the opening space for the door leaf (sloping ceilings/projecting walls).
3. How high should the shower enclosure be?
4. In the case of a shower with an inward-opening door, you should match the door height to the shower head.
5. Should a normal bracket mounting or a special bracket (for sloping ceilings and wall projections) be installed?
6. With HÜPPE Studio Berlin / Studio Paris: Note the wall angle for the normal outer mounting; here there is an outer construction of 31 mm. Is an interior angle required?
7. Always measure twice, and check all your measurements as there is nothing more annoying than a measuring error.
8. Measure the tray installation dimension (WEM) or the centre of glass installation dimension (dimension M) and state these accordingly.
9. Check your spirit level by turning it through 180°.
10. Make sure that you use the correct dimension sheet and fill in all the details.
11. Are the tiles made of a normal or a hard material (extra cost)?
12. For a "frameless" shower enclosure, check the construction of the wall. If the wall sounds hollow when you knock on it, recommend a "partially-framed" shower instead.
13. Clarify again the colour and glass design of the desired shower enclosure.
14. Create a photograph of the shower with the dimensions in the event of any uncertainties or special solutions.
15. Check that the shower enclosure will pass up the staircase.
16. Ask about the positioning of the water pipes and electrical wiring in the customer's shower area.
17. Make a sketch if a special profile is required.