III. Providing the website and creating log files
1. Description and extent of data processing
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically records data and information from the accessing computer’s computer system.
The following data is collected in this regard:
- Information about the browser type and the version used
- The user’s operating system
- Information about the user’s mobile terminal device
- The user’s Internet service provider
- The user’s IP address
- Date and time of access
- The visitor’s location
- Websites from which the user’s system accessed our website
- Websites which are accessed by the user’s system via our website
The data is also stored in our system’s log files.
2. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and the log files is Art. 6, Para. 1, lit. f of the GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
Temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable delivery of the website to the user’s computer. The user’s IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session for this purpose.
Storage in log files is carried out to guarantee the functionality of the website. Additionally, we also use the data to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. Evaluation of data for marketing purposes does not take place in this regard.In these purposes, we also have a legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6, Para. 1, lit. f of the GDPR.
4. Duration of storage
The data shall be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of data being recorded to provide the website, this is done when the respective session is ended.
If data is stored in log files, this is done seven days afterwards at the latest. Extended storage is possible. In this case, users’ IP addresses are deleted or modified so that they can no longer be allocated to the accessing client.
5. Opportunity to object and remove
Data must be recorded under all circumstances to provide the website and store the data in log files for the purpose of operating the website. As a result, the user has no opportunity to object.